IF YOU CAN NOT MEET GARRISON KEILLOR HIS BOOKS ARE SECOND BEST

GARRISON KEILLOR to many is our generations Mark Twain due to his story telling which he has portrayed in his many books and shared with millions on the radio. When two of my great Friends read of him being in town it was an opportunity to see and speak with this icon who is winding and looking at retirement due mainly because of health reasons. Now as interesting as he is a far meeting him one on one is a treat I only wish everyone could experience. We patiently waited where he was staying and just about we we thought we had missed him, he arrived. With his suit a bit wrinkled, he was much bigger in size than I remembered when I met him 10 years ago. He never minded signing a few autographs and taking pictures with us all the time quizzing us to know more about us. He wanted to know why I moved to Florida and even turned it around in a funny way when I said books I had sent him a few years ago never cam back. "They never came back. Wow maybe I still have them " he said with a half smile. He was as down to earth as we all hope to be and when we asked if he needed help with the luggage, he then smiled and smoothly pulled the luggage handle as if he said I'm cool and slowly strolled away like one of his finishing touches in his book. As we walked away we all wished all our encounters were as pleasant as this was tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SENSELESS KILLING OF SINGER CHRISTINA GRIMMIE

ACTORS JOHN ASHTON and LISA EILBACHER HAVE RESTORED MY FAITH IN HOLLYWOOD

NOT ALL THE WALKING DEAD JUST WALK BY