SOME AUTOGRAPHS ARE NOT WHAT YOU EXCEPT WHEN YOU MEET THEM

Many times when you plan to meet someone that meant something special to you as we grow up or who may be in town with the chance to see if the press written about them is truly on target. Today was one of those days when 2 people of different walks of fame were in town on the same day. The first was Hall of Fame Tennis great ROD LAVER was meeting the public in a charity event with a 150 dollar meet and greet that included a question and answer, his new book and some treats to satisfied ones pallet. With some luck, I was invited in to the meet and greet with my special items I was hoping to get signed. After his talk most everyone got on line to have their book autographed and I was preparing to meet the legend one on one. I placed the items down and though he did sign , You could feel the resentment that he had to go through all this activity. It was a bit disappointing and not what I excepted.. He said to the organizer , " Look at this line , I am never going to get done." So being successful , I took off to meet the next personality Actress AMBER TAMBLYN who was discussing and sharing her book of poetry. She was noted for her roles in PURGE 2, JOAN OF ARCADIA and SISTERHOOD OF TRAVELING PANTS and this was a good moment to be up close with this talented young lady. She read some our her poems that truthfully sounded a little off color and reminded me of poets of the 60's. But then After her reading, everyone stood on line and in an orderly manner about 75 people took their turn in meeting this very pleasant talent. I placed a couple of photos down that she signed with no hesitation and I even discussed her ankle injury that occurred when walking on cobblestones at her home in New York and shared a joke and some information showing a gentle and funny side of her.. Though I didn't know too much about her prior to this event , I walked away with a pleasant experience that has made me look out for more of her work in books and the screen of a person who enjoys life to the fullest teaching all of us what not to forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SENSELESS KILLING OF SINGER CHRISTINA GRIMMIE

ACTORS JOHN ASHTON and LISA EILBACHER HAVE RESTORED MY FAITH IN HOLLYWOOD

NOT ALL THE WALKING DEAD JUST WALK BY