BOBBY RYDELL IS FAR FROM A BYE BYE BIRDIE

Now I have never been a big follower of Musicals but one will always stand out for me and it is BYE BYE BIRDIE. I was 10 years old when I watched ANN-MARGARET and BOBBY RYDELL with many other greats star in a one of the the fun and happy movies that originally was a broadway hit. Now I have met Ann Margaret and I truly never thought the opportunity would arise to meet any of the others. Now the only others still alive are Dick Van Dyke and Bobby Rydell.and when I heard that Bobby was performing in a venue not far from our location there was no question that I would hive it the college try.. So Anxious John and I camped out with hopes that the opportunity may come about. Now down deep I truly thought it I would never have the chance before today as he has been a survivor from a lung transplant to name one situation. Now he has continued to perform to crowds that have followed his music 55 years. We waited patiently at a hotel we thought where he would return and after a couple hour wait, he entered with the other musicians who played with him. Now he had to be tired but he never flinched when I called his name and politely asked if we could get his autograph. He came straight over and sat down with us and chatted about his new book and signed our albums and photos with no hesitation and took pictures with us even though his back was bothering him.. He is coming back to our area in a couple of months and as true as the sun shines I will be there again as he said as he was leaving , " Hope to see You Again" , I would not miss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SENSELESS KILLING OF SINGER CHRISTINA GRIMMIE

ACTORS JOHN ASHTON and LISA EILBACHER HAVE RESTORED MY FAITH IN HOLLYWOOD

NOT ALL THE WALKING DEAD JUST WALK BY