WEIRD EVENING WITH EDDIE IZZARD


I have been collecting and meeting celebrities since I was 10 and nothing usually shocks me or surprises me in any way. BUT there are moments.... EDDIE IZZARD was performing in a local venue where he always draws a loyal following and though I had no intention on seeing the show, I have always respected his acting and his comedy genius. He is revered in Europe and is praised by likes of Monty Python over the years and had a major role in the remake of Oceans Eleven and then Twelve. So I decided to take a chance and see if I could meet him after the show. I positioned myself out back and his touring bus was visible so it only became a matter of a waiting game. And that I did. I waited for almost 2 hours and though much of the crowd left the building , still no Eddie. A kind security guard informed me that it might be close to midnight but after waiting this long, it really did not matter. To many graphers it almost becomes a mission when we set our eyes on a special personality. As I waited alone at first until 6 others who saw the show decided to wait also. One of the touring assistants to Eddie came over and told us he may or may not come over as he is very tired. ( That line is used so much it goes in one ear and out the other).He then told us if he does he probably will not sign any autographs and the only way to get a picture with him is by a SELFIE with Eddie holding the camera. That was the first for me and still I was not amazed. Then coming down a few steps there he was. 2nd shock... He was wearing high heels and how he did not twist his ankles I could not believe it. Here he strode up to us and not the Eddie I have seen in the movies but looking like a woman with tight pants, lipstick and eye lashes most women would die for. I stepped up first and asked if he would not mind signing my pictures. He said" How many do you have" and when I told him four he said " I will do two". And he did. He then took my camera and prepared to take the selfie with me and he waited until he had no shadows and perfect shot. Not many celebs would do that so he shocked me again. He took pictures, yes all selfies, with everyone and when done slowly walked to his bus.As I walked away I was truly happy that I had the opportunity to meet this chameleon of a person that I had seen in the movies some many times and one that I will not forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTORS JOHN ASHTON and LISA EILBACHER HAVE RESTORED MY FAITH IN HOLLYWOOD

SENSELESS KILLING OF SINGER CHRISTINA GRIMMIE