BUTCH PATRICK IS STILL EDDIE MUNSTER


      Some times You will attend an event and though You got information from one source it is not always factual. We Heard BUTCH PATRICK famous forever as his role as Little Eddie Munster on the TV show THE MUNSTERS was a trip away signing autographs, Now Butch is till capitalizing on that fame that has  labeled him forever in that character was signing at a Car Dealership in Daytona about 60 miles away. Butch attends many of the shows where he charges for him signing pieces of memorabilia for usually 20 dollars on various items and the larger the item the price will rise. When I called to get details if he was charging , I was told by 2 sources that he was not and You would think that do the promotional value for the dealership and hopefully they were paying him a fee also.  As we approached him, he was sitting at a table with what appeared to be his wife and both smiled as we came forward with no else around. She said it was 20 dollars a photo but after I spoke about that he was not charging she said? Buy one and he will sign everything else". I do realize this is a way he makes some money on the side to offset his costs( Gas ,photos that cost about a dollar) so we thought EVERYTHING was going to be signed for 20 dollars. We came this far and though I do not sell and My friend does we thought what the heck might as well help him out. I placed my 3 photos down which he signed very nicely I might add but as  My friend went to place his , Butch reacted" How Many Do You Have" ? He hesitated and said 4 or 5 but as Butch counted them said there are 7 and he would have to pay another 20 also and pushed the pictures back. Though I thought he really was not the best move to keep fans, he was treating it as a business and so was my friend. He paid the 20 and Butch smiled and signed them all and then took pictures with all of us.

    It is funny as I walked away with mixed feelings but truly understood both sides. Butch was very pleasant with me as my only investment was my time and a few photos. My friend looks at this as a business and we were told wrong info ,not by Butch but by the dealership.  At that time I was informed that Butch's autograph sells for 10 dollars so he did make some profit in the end. Butch also was there as a business and he did cut a deal by signing numerous photos for the price of 2 that he charges at shows.    As I look at it everyone did come out ahead in the end, Maybe more so me as I met and chatted for a few with someone I watched on TV when I was growing up. Though his appearance has changed he was Eddie Munster then and he is still living off that role today, Only in America!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SENSELESS KILLING OF SINGER CHRISTINA GRIMMIE

ACTORS JOHN ASHTON and LISA EILBACHER HAVE RESTORED MY FAITH IN HOLLYWOOD

NOT ALL THE WALKING DEAD JUST WALK BY